Laser Hair Removal
Feel the new generation of Permanent Hair Reduction
Unwanted hair is a problem for many men and women. Getting rid of excess body hair can be painful, costly, time consuming and inefficient in the past. Shaving, waxing and plucking are inconvenient, messy and time consuming. Advances in laser technology have resulted in the development of lasers as a reliable, fast, gentle and trusted method of hair removal. Laser hair removal is the most popular method of hair removal available.
ALL SKIN TYPES ALL YEAR ROUND
Primelase is latest technology and the device recommended for light coloured hair and all skin types at any time of year. This laser has the greatest peak power available today and is recognized for its use of very short pulses with high doses of energy, ideal for residual hair in the final sessions of treatment. The dynamic or pain-free mode is a smart feature which means our technology allows us to work with maximum patient comfort, making laser hair removal comfortable for all types of patients from the first sessions, treating both women and men with fine or thick hair. We use the “crystal freeze” skin cooling with its exclusive cooling technology which automatically adjusts the temperature, making hair removal much more comfortable. PrimeLase designed and manufactured in Europe, delivering reliable, fast and gentle hair removal. Our therapists are expertly trained here on-site and are all qualified laser safety officers. With three different wavelengths, our Diode laser can treat ALL skin tones with safety, speed and comfort.
Laser hair removal works by focusing a highly concentrated laser light into the hair follicles. The light is then absorbed by the pigment (also known as melanin) in each hair follicle, converting it to heat. This causes the hair follicles to be progressively damaged so that the hair can no longer grow. To be destroyed the hair follcle needs to be in the ‘active growth phase’. This is why a course of treatments is neccassary for best results.
Hair removal with laser will permanently reduce the total number of body hairs but will not permanently remove all hair. While existing hair loss is permanent this does not prevent the growth of new hairs. No laser can guarentee permanant hair removal. Response to laser hair removal varies considerably between people. Some patients may have hormonal factors stimulating hair growth and these patients may require maintenance treatment.
The two most important factors when it comes to achieving results is the colour of the hair follicle and the colour of the skin. The laser is attracted to pigment, and for this reason clients with light skin and dark hair will generally get the best results. However, at Shepparton Skin Clinic we successfully treat darker skin types using our medical grade laser and specific operating parameters to ensure maximum safety and efficacy. We recommend 6-10 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. The number of treatments can also depend on certain factors such as age, genetics, hormones, medical factors and medications.
We do not treat under the eyebrow as it is too close to the eyes. However all other areas of the body can be treated. The most common areas treated in women include the face, arms, underarms, bikini line, brazilian and legs, and in men the back, shoulders, upper arms and chest.
– Hair should not be plucked, waxed or the use of hair removal/lightening creams for at least 6 weeks before treatment. The hair follicle needs to be intact on the day of treatment.
– Aviod any sun exposure or fake tan to the treatment area at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. Treatment will not be provided to clients that are currently tanned or sun burnt.
- You will need to shave the area to be treated the day before or the morning of the treatment.
- Do not apply cosmetics or creams to the treatment area on the day of treatment.
- Please inform your treating technician if you have a history of cold sores.
Patients report that Primelase treatments are practically painless and easily tolerated. Some patients may feel a short burst of heat as the laser reaches the hair follicles, rather like a tingling or pinching sensation. There may also be some cold sensation from the Primelase “crystal freeze”.
– Avoid sun exposure for at least 4 weeks post treatment on the treatment area. Always use sunscreen on treatment area to avoid pigmentation problems.
- Avoid strenuous exercise/hot showers for 12-24 hours
- Mild redness and swelling may occur after treatment. Aloe-vera gel can be used to calm any irritation.
- Although uncommon any blisters or scabs resulting from laser hair removal should not be scratched or picked at
– The risk of skin damage from laser hair removal is very low.
- You will notice that treated hairs will start to fall 1-3 weeks after treatment. Use a exfoliant 7-10 days post treatment to help remove these hairs.